The Cookeville Blues Jam is hosted by Few Miles On at the Red Silo Brewing Co. in Cookeville, TN.
The purpose of this Blues Jam is to provide an opportunity to strengthen the Blues music community in the Upper Cumberland. This will give musicians an opportunity to jam with each other, make new friends and learn from each other. And for those who enjoy just listening to the Blues please come out and support us!
The detailed guidelines are in the section below. Please share this with your fellow musicians and blues lovers and help us make this a new tradition for our vibrant music community!
You can also keep up with events and announcements by liking the Cookeville Blues Jam Facebook page:
Cookeville Blues Jam Guidelines
- Get tuned up and be ready before it’s your turn so we can keep things moving with little down time in between songs.
- Each person’s turn to play will last only 3 or 4 songs.
- Basic backline will be provided but you must bring your own instrument.
- Be able to communicate the song key and structure to the other players on stage with you.
- Be courteous and gracious to novices and experts alike. A Blues jam is not a contest. NO HEADCUTTING!
- Follow directions from the host and be listening as announcements are made about who is up next.
- A sign in sheet will be followed on a first come, first served basis unless there are accompaniment needs which require shuffling the order to keep things moving.